Monday

Elsa's Baby Naming Ceremony

Itsy Bitsy Vintage China Hire was delighted to have provided the vintage styling for a baby naming ceremony last Saturday  when proud parents Rachel & Callum officially welcomed their gorgeous baby girl Elsa into the world in front of family and friends. The venue, The Gregson Centre in Freehold, Lancaster, saw itself transformed and prettified with lots and lots of bunting and flowers.




The Gregson, a multi-purpose community venue, well used and well loved, normally plays host to a range of music events, discos and toddler groups. A little worn around the edges perhaps , but nonetheless a friendly and budget venue for anyone seeking a large space to hire. My lovely client Rachel, was referred to me by Catherine from 'Flowers by Catherine' (thanks Catherine!) and lo and behold, Rachel & I had been freehold  neighbours and acquaintances for many years. So it was with this ease of familiarity that Itsy Bitsy Vintage China Hire undertook to meet with, and provide delivery of a simple package of vintage items to help transform the space. Rachel definately knew she wanted lots and lots of bunting and also to create a focal point for the ceremony, which she cleverly created with a flower display using Itsy Bitsy Vintage teapots, and a large embroidered tablecloth. She finished the look with individual roses in her own teacups, don't they look gorgeous? We also provided cake stands for mini cupcakes, lots of small china cake plates and a couple more vintage tablecloths on the food and glass tables. Later on in the day the room was rearranged for a buffet and disco, and every table enjoyed it's own flower filled teapot.

A DIY celebration par excellence, bought in on a budget, but full of personality and warmth. Welcome to the world Elsa!


Portraits by Johnny at www.beanphoto.co.uk

Thankyou for the following testimonial Rachel, a great recommendation for Itsy Bitsy Vintage China Hire!

'My partner and I decided we would like to celebrate the birth of our daughter, and welcome her into the family with a naming ceremony. We wanted to have a joyous occasion without spending a vast amount of money. I was so pleased to discover Carols service. Right from the start Carol was her usual warm and friendly self. I had been concerned about my modest budget but Carol had some fantastic ideas which really added impact without adding budget! Our venue was the Gregson which is a lovely space but a little faded, however the bunting and china transformed it. So many guests commented on how beautiful the room looked, and I loved the fact the room looked so individual. I'm not too keen on things looking too matchy-matchy and I think Carols' beautiful things made the space look glamorous and intimate.
 
Carol offers a very professional service, the china, tablecloths and bunting were of stunning quality and collection and delivery were easy. My partner had thought I was a little bonkers ordering so much bunting, but he had to eat his words on the day!
 
Jonathan of Beanphoto took some amazing photos of the day and the most gorgeous photo of my baby girl, which takes pride of place in my home now. Fantastic mementoes of a great day.
 
I would highly recommend itsybitsyvintage, and I have to say that my favourite part of the preparation was enjoying a cup of tea with Carol whilst picking out the beautiful china'
 

No comments: